Sunday 2 December 2012

First day of grade one poem


My very first day of grade one

was scary and crazy and made me want to run.

My teacher’s name was Mr. Lott,

and handsome, he was surely not.

He was the king of room 123,

he made us bow to his majesty.

I still remember the way I spelled my name,

one out of 7 billion would spell it the same.

My teacher told me “Krestafr” was wrong.

Learning to spell it right took very long.

Maybe that’s why I fell asleep in class,

Hey, an 11 letter name wore out my ass.

I had a rat’s tail that wasn’t really cool

Yet, if anyone pulled it, then “I’d pity the fool.”

By lunchtime, I learned that bologna was gross,

pulled it out of my sandwich and left it in rows.

The Turkish lunch lady wasn’t impressed,

she later made me wipe the desk.

Our school mascot was a teddy bear,

but the truth is, the school wasn’t fair.

I got trampled because of my size.

If you know me now-you shouldn’t be surprised.

The trampling made a cut on my knee.

I was surprised, scared and suddenly had to pee.

I asked someone- the janitor I presume,

“Excuse me, sir, but where is the bathroom?”

He went on and on and said something about a ‘corridor’?

But before I knew it, I’d already peed on the floor.

It was a long day and not very fun,

I was already starting to hate grade one.

When I got home I put on my cape

and said, “if you send me again, I shall escape.”



 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment