Thursday 11 October 2012

physical or sedentary


 

Physical or sedentary? There's no question, I'm physical... by far. Monday-swim practise 5:30-7:00, Tuesday-swim practise 5:45-7:30, Wednesday-...you get the point.  I'm very active and spend little time resting,  triathlons, fencing, skim boarding, free diving, flying planes, and biking are a few of the active things I like to do. I am active because it makes me feel better about myself and more healthy and happy. As you probably notice most of these sports involve water. If you've read My Earliest Memory Blog it’s all about my first time in water and how much I love it. While most people are sleeping in on a Saturday morning I'm in a pool swimming laps for 2 hours. While everyone is getting up, drinking coffee and eating breakfast, I am on my bike on the way home. What drives me to this insanity?? I blame genetics. My grandpa, who is almost ninety and has only one lung from a motorcycle accident in WW2, bikes every day and flies planes. My Mom rides three different horses seven days a week and has a full time job. My dad works out every day at five in the morning before work and often road bikes with me. The only sedentary thing I do is sleep.



1 comment: